Saturday 14 April 2012

Vintage Furniture Revived

Today I brought (on impulse) a glass fronted display cabinet. Its 1930's style, but I can only hope that it was made in that era.  I love it's curved design and delicate style, but what to do with it?  Where would it fit in my house?

Eventually I came up with a plan.  Rather than use it for its true purpose as a display cabinet that you might find in your grandmas sitting room I thought I would put it in my bedroom.


After lots of polishing, shining and adding a piece of vintage fabric that I've had tucked away in a draw as a backing I was ready to go.


I decided to put all my cosmetic bits, bangles, necklaces, lotions and potions in it.  



I even managed to find space for a few bedtime reading books.



Now it's all done I'm really pleased with the way it looks. I think it adds a bit of glamour to the room in a quirky vintage way. All I need now is a carpet and the room will be complete.

          










No comments:

Post a Comment